We are pleased to announce a Spring "Junior Learn to Row" course.
This popular course will be held from the 3rd April to 7th April 2017.
The course will run from Monday to Friday inclusive, from 10.00 am to 16.00 pm each day and will cover the following topics:-
- Introduction to the Boathouse
- Introduction to the rowing stroke on the indoor rowing machine (ergo)
- Introduction to the equipment used, parts of the boat and oars
- How to get into and out of the boat safely
- Water safety / confidence drills / capsize drill
- Building rowing strokes in the boat on the water
- Rowing in time together as a whole crew
- Fine tuning blade work, power application, balance and teamwork
The coaching team for this course will be headed up by Course Leader Chris Griffiths. All KRC coaches are CRB Checked and British Rowing Qualified.
The total cost for the course is £225.
If you are interested in attending this course please e-mail Marcus Hoskin (Junior Learn-to-Row coordinator) and include the following specific information:-
- Juniors name
- Date of Birth
Please note these courses are popular and always oversubscribed! If you cannot make this one, don't worry! Our next courses are: W/C 24th July, 31st July & 14th August.